Dream  

Posted by Steven G.

I had a really strange yet vivid dream last night.


I'm riding in a car with Anna Bedsole. We are headed to Atlanta to visit a physical therapist. (huh?)

Note: I saw Anna the other day and I’ve been seeing a physical therapist (Grand Master Funk) to rehab my knee.

As we arrive, I see that the area is very upscale. All the store fronts are brick with the feel of an old English village.

After Anna and I arrive, I discover that the Physical Therapist is actually a dentist. Anna goes in for her visit, and I walk around the neighborhood. To the right of the dentist is a cafeteria run by a middle age bald white man. The cafeteria consists of a couple of rooms with the expected buffet type steam tables. All of the tables are filled with food, but all the food is covered with stainless steel tops. My impression is that the cafeteria isn't getting much business. The bald man is walking around yelling and being bossy.

As I exit the cafeteria I turn and walk in front of the dentist office and around the corner. The first business on the right is a department store. I walk in and am met by a young lady who offers me a store credit card. I refuse and tell her that I can't afford to buy anything from that store.

I continue down the street, around another corner. The entire next block on both sides of the street is occupied by the Sherwin Williams paint company. The buildings are painted bright blue. I stick my head in the door and look at a few items………….

I awake to the sound of a child coming down the steps. Bella comes into my room and says that she can’t find her pillow. It’s 5 a.m. I walk her back upstairs and send her to the potty. Her pillow is on her bed. I tuck her in and head back to bed.

Somehow we are still in the same village. Anna has disappeared and I am walking with a group of people doing something political. We are assigned specific areas, and I am asking people to vote, or complete a census or something similar. I am not selling anything, but performing a community service.

I walk into a house, down the steps and into a room. There is a painting on the far wall. It’s not a painting anymore but a real place. There are mountains and high column like peaks with restaurants and resorts on top. The columns are very narrow and the buildings on top hang over the edges. There is a cable stretching into the distance that rises toward the peaks, and although no cable car is seen, there is no doubt that this is the only way up. The scene/place is beautiful.

I step closer and the place disappears. I see that the place is actually an art work made of rags and clothing. I leave excitedly to find Laura and show her this wonder.

End of dream

I had a root beer before going to bed. I am reading the first Harry Potter book. I watched some of the Olympics last night …


G

This entry was posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 at Friday, August 15, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments